Paid Search systems allow marketers to display ads, triggered by users’ search queries, within search results pages. Advertisers pay a fee each time one of their ads are clicked.
Paid Search marketing is also known as cost-per-click, or CPC, advertising. Paid search platforms that we support are Google AdWords and Microsoft Bing Ads (which also displays ads in Yahoo search results).
Elements of a Paid Search Campaign
In a CPC campaign, the advertiser defines:
- What keywords to bid on, and how precisely to match those bid keywords to users’ search queries
- How much they are willing to pay for each ad click
- Where, geographically, to target search users
- Which ads to display when bid keywords match user queries
- What landing pages to display after ads are clicked
The advertiser has to carefully manage and test each element, as well as the many other controls that paid search platforms provide, to deliver successful campaigns.
Our Paid Search Services
Weidman Consulting has been providing paid search consulting services since 2002. Our CPC campaigns include:
- Keyword Research
- Design of Google AdWords, and/or Microsoft Bing Ads, campaigns, including ad text copywriting
- Landing page strategy development
- Implementation of CPC campaigns
- Campaign maintenance, including weekly monitoring of results and implementation of modifications to improve the overall cost-per-action (sale, lead, download, etc.)
- Monthly reporting and analysis
Paid search campaigns are set up with a fixed monthly budget for click fees. The advertising system can spread ads out evenly over the course of each day so that the budget is not used up too quickly.